Friday, July 2, 2010

Tails and Trotters Bacon- Finished

This will be a quick post, as I'm up to my ears in TPS reports, Time sheets, monthly status reports, and assorted whatnots of corporate management life.

As you saw in my previous post, I took a 6.85lb Tails and Trotters belly, covered it in my "base cure" ( see previous posts for recipe ), and put it in the Man Fridge for 3 days, flipping at the halfway point.

I took it out of the cure Thurs morning, gave it a really good rinse, and left it uncovered in the Man Fridge for about 8 hours.   I then put it in the trusty Little Chief and smoked it with apple wood chips for another 8 hours, and you can see the results here.


  This is going to be freaking awesome... we're heading to Sunriver for a week, so after I torture myself with my morning run, I'll nurture myself with sweet bacon and coffee.




PS.. .our chocolate lab, Rainy, has now doubled her size in the two weeks she's been with us.  Ella won't be able to carry her around like her baby for much longer, although i'm sure she'll figure out a way to get the ballerina dress on her for quite some time.

Crazy!!!

1 comment:

  1. pups and pork love it : ) - cheers clare

    ps e-mail me re: case price on the LPR... cheers - clare at bigtabelfarm.com

    ReplyDelete